Part-time position (beginning September 2022)
Title: Me2/Burlington Managing Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Standard Work Hours: weekly rehearsals on Tuesday evenings, Sept-May; 5-6 performances & events annually; otherwise flexible; roughly 15 hours most weeks, including 4 hrs on rehearsal nights
Salary range: $25-30,000 based on experience and skills
Works side-by-side with the Conductor, providing management of all orchestra activities including personnel, equipment, instruments, logistics, orchestra communications and weekly operations.
Under supervision and with the support of the Me2/ Executive Director, identify and solicit new fundraising sources; manage marketing efforts, including social media; speak at performances and events; oversee musician recruitment efforts; identify concert venues and new community partnerships.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for fostering a stigma-free zone at all Me2/Burlington activities
- Provide administrative and managerial support for Conductor
- Ensue music is ordered, marked and prepared for each rehearsal
- Maintain the current orchestra member contact list and communicate updates to the Me2/ main office
- Responsible for regular and ongoing communications with musicians & staff via email and in-person during rehearsals and performances
- Oversee weekly rehearsals and all performances, to include setting up and tearing down equipment (chairs, stands, etc), posting Stigma-Free Zone signage, and making announcements as needed
- Track musician attendance and follow-up with anyone who has excessive absences
- Coordinate all details with rehearsal and performance venues to include: scheduling, parking, and adherence to venue policies
- Oversee equipment and instruments, including needs for rehearsals, performances, and instrument transportation
- Support musicians’ needs during rehearsals, including emotional support as needed
- Oversee musican recruitment efforts via social media, emails, and other methods
- Develop, produce and distribute marketing materials
- Identify and solicit new fundraising sources, including individual donors, corporate and grant funding; maintain relationships with existing donors
- Create and post content on Me2/ social media channels
- Other duties as deemed necessary for the successful operation of the orchestra
- Ability to lift objects up to 25 pounds.
- Requires use of a personal vehicle for local and regional travel as necessary to complete the duties of the position (reimbursed as appropriate)
- Experience in, knowledge of, and passion for symphony orchestras.
- Strong computer skills; position requires work with Microsoft Office, Survey Monkey and DonorPerfect database.
- Ability to motivate and collaboratively manage volunteer musicians.
- Strong communication skills, both via email and in-person.
- Diplomacy, calmness under pressure, collaborative skills, an ability to juggle and prioritize many and conflicting priorities, and a sense of humor are essential
- Experience with nonprofit organizations (especially musical) is valued.
- Experience with mental illness is an important asset.
Me2/Orchestra, Inc, is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization and community. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
Please send letter of interest and CV, along with two references. Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 1.
Any questions? Email Caroline Whiddon: email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest!